Friday, February 6, 2015

Gods plan, not mine


I PLANED to spend the day all by myself sitting in front of this window with my Jesus...talking to Him about the students in ACT, English Corner, my parenting class and for the future of ACT, the direction God wants us to take and my part in that plan. It was a very Nobel plan, 

prayer is wonderful and powerful and always beneficial.

BUT I fear God had a different plan.

It started with a teacher at the school that needed a little help..minus one hour,
 I started to pray and read at 9:10, things went well until 9:50...
enter student who needed something and wanted to visit, I love her, i was glad to visit, we talked about how she could not afford to go to retreat and how many others where in the same boat,  so I sent out a plea on facebook

BEFORE THE END OF THE DAY 8 STUDENTS HAD SCHOLARSHIPS!!!!

many of these girls will now be going on retreat!




 I was just reading how sometimes God is in the interruptions

I HAVE SEEN TODAY THAT THAT IS TRUE!
3 of my favorite "interruptions"

10;20 son needs help with banking issue
10;40 daughter called needing help with taxes and student asks for a ride to counseling later...
11;00 son comes to see if I could help with banking issue, I ended up feeding him
11;20 daughter and friend stop by so I can help with taxes.....a joke in itself!!!

I ended up feeding 4 hungry college students and a somewhat taken by surprise husband (we were going to have a nice quiet lunch)

sent notes to all the amazing alumni who are underwriting retreat
2;00 me and God again
3;00 on my way to school to pick up 4 kids (one extra, no we did not adopt another one:-)

soooooooo all day turned into two hours asking God to direct my path, asking HIM what HE wants me to do....I think I have my answer,

 BE AVAILABLE, 

Don't get me wrong, unplugging from this world and spending time with Jesus is essential,but that was not HIS plan for me today, and I'm OK with that :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment