Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My first week as a campus missionary...
 
The first week of classes was topped off with a great pool party. We had lots of fun in the pool with the football, finding challenges to complete. And by "we" I mean the students and Dan :-)


If you would like to see what they tried for an hour to accomplish and finally did click here!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10101420068094160
and if you would like to see a few of the failures click here...
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201479014364963

We also played ultimate Frisbee, well, they did, I took pictures and cheered them all on.




And of course there was lots of just plain visiting.......

 

I am continually impressed with how much Anna and Dan love the students and how much the students love them. As the new person I am doing a lot of watching and learning. This week during worship we had a wild party going on on the other side of a false wall and Dan handled it SO well, he had us all laughing as he challenged us to step out and share the gospel with people on campus.

Wes Blood also was there and many students signed up to be conversation partners with one of the hundreds of international students.....Im telling you, WE LIVE ON A GREAT BIG, HUGE, AMAZING MISSION FIELD! people from all over the world right here in Toledo! No plane ticket needed!
international students from UT at my friends house.

I am learning to be willing to change gears, re-vamp, put kids in front of plans and just hang out without an agenda. I am also learning that this is going to take time, and lots of it!

Huge praise, we were given a couch and a chair for the lounge area in the basement! this is a huge blessing since the one down there has no legs and is very small :-) We are still in need of folding chairs.

We fed 15 students on Friday and I am looking forward to feeding many more as the year progresses. If you are willing to underwrite a meal ($20-$40) I would be VERY grateful.

Photo: Ellie and her cheerleaders(:
In September we will be doing training and getting ready to serve in the 04 with some of the poorest kids in the country, I am so excited to introduce the students to the amazing kids down there.


Photo: Lunch with my bigs :-)
what a blessing to do ministry with my big kids!!!

Please pray for me as I
  • seek open doors to show students how much Jesus loves them.
  •  I learn how to juggle 5 children, a husband, a house and this ministry.
  •  I try to cultivate close relationships with the students.
  • continue to find people who will support this ministry.
Photo: First day of school
our youngest 3 in school for the first time! SO thankful for the amazing people at Emmanuel.

Paul has shown himself to be an amazing home work helper, take the kids to school, save my butt when I am running late, run to the store for lunch supplies, supportive husband! I am so very thankful for him!

to support me please send a check to 4923 Cranston , Toledo OH 43615 made out to ACT or go to the www.actoday.org site and click on donate.

No comments:

Post a Comment