Sunday, April 22, 2012

the captivating power of GRACE

I am not perfect....I know, i know ,this is going to surprise most of you.... :-) my children are not perfect...I know, once again you gasp in shock! Why do I expect perfection out of myself and my kids? Why do I feel the need to LOOK perfect to everyone around me? PRIDE
I was challenged this weekend to create a place for stressed out, tired, hurting, performance driven moms to come and find... Grace....
I want to share my BAD days and my GOOD days. I want to let you know that you are not alone in your struggle to raise kids who love Jesus in a world that is doing everything in its power to get them to love it.
I will try to make it short!  I will most likely spell things wrong and my grammar will never be correct. I pray that by letting you into a moms life who is there with you, has been there where you are and is struggling every day just like you are to live a life that is pleasing to God, you will be encouraged to not give up, to let God heal your heart and refresh your soul.

SEARCH ME O GOD AND KNOW MY HEART, TEST ME AND KNOW MY ANXIOUS THOUGHTS. SEE IF THERE IS ANY OFFENSIVE WAY IN ME AND LEAD ME IN THE WAY EVERLASTING. psalm 139:23-24



do you ever feel like Emma, not really sure you WANT to be seen, not really sure you want HIM to look into your heart? Let me assure you that no matter what HE sees HE is crazy about you and longs to have a closer more REAL relationship with you, HE is waiting for you to come to HIM......BUT I MUST WARN YOU, YOU WILL NOT COME AWAY THE SAME PERSON.

I don't know about you but the thought that God "has searched me and knows me...is familiar with all my ways" (psalm 139:1)  and yet still loves me, makes me WANT more of HIM. It makes me WANT to please HIM.



So, this week lets search and know our kids, lets try to see past their behaviour and into their hearts.

would you spend some time sitting at the feet of our Lord this week? let HIM tell you how loved you are, open yourself up to be known, let the fact that you are HIS child and that HE loves you more then you  could ever know soak deep inside your spirit.....

3 comments:

  1. Cyndi, I LOVE this! Thank you so much for sharing and for your transparency...and yes, I often feel like Emma. I'm looking forward to reading more posts. I pray God blesses this endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyn,
    What a wonderful way to encourage moms... and dads... and families to grow in grace and closer to Jesus. You know I always support you, love you, pray for you, etc.! Taking the time out of your crazy busy life for others is just so YOU! Praise God for you, who cares enough to share and help others understand the amazing grace of our awesome God! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you friends! I pray that I can encourage, being a mom is a hard job!

    ReplyDelete