Sunday, April 29, 2012



some days I wonder if I should have made my kids take piano lessons, violin lessons, dance lessons, soccer......did I do enough to help them be the best they could be?  Most of their childhood  was spent playing in the backyard, making up games, swimming in the neighbors pool and reading books (and not the classics! mostly missionary stories, jedi apprentice, and American girl) they would not sit still for a "Henti" novel to save their lives! they are not math geniuses, will never win "nationals" in anything and some days they COMPLAIN about doing their school work.....

 
my kids work hard some times and are lazy others....they respect me some days and others......well

what the public sees is this

reality is more like this...


or even this


Ever wonder if your good enough? do you ever look at other kids and wonder where you went wrong? comparing your weaknesses to their strengths? I do, all the time!

remember, you see what they want you to see!

I have no idea how God is calling you to raise your kids, I'm sure it will look different then He is calling me to raise mine, but I do know He wants to help you do it, He wants you to be on your knees asking HIM to lead you.

so the next time you are tempted to look at "super mom" and "super kids" please ask God what HE wants for you and your family...and then be content with where HE has put you!

thats the one thing you NEED to do to be a good mom, PRAY, seek HIM, ask for HIS strength...cuz I can promise you, you cant do this on your own!!

Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. and the peace of God that transcends all understanding will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus your Lord.Philippians 4:5-7

if you want kids who love Jesus, grace is your best friend, if your kids feel like they need to be perfect to please you, they will feel like they need to be perfect to please God. I have found that this leads to one of two things....rebels or moralists, they either stop trying or try so hard they think they are better then anyone else, neither points to relationship, both point to self....








No comments:

Post a Comment