Friday, April 27, 2012

having a puppy has reminded me just how impatient I am! my kids were getting older and I had congratulated myself on becoming more patient as the years went on.....
what has REALLY happened is that I have not been tested in the same way as I was with toddlers around the house! now I'm not so much impatient with the dog as I am with the teenagers that promised on bended knee to care for said puppy....and now fight about who has to take her out and clean up after her!!!! and then fight about who gets to hold her when she is sleeping:-)

if I'm honest with myself I act this way all to often? I BEG God for things and then when I get them I whine about how much work they are, or that its not what i thought it would be....

How I long to be like Paul, to be content in all circumstances!

when he was in jail he was able to pen these words...

I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
phil. 4:12




No comments:

Post a Comment