Monday, May 21, 2012

It happened in a flash....


Abby and a friend pretending to work on their dads car.....


Abby in front of her new (10yr old 132,000 miles) car.

It happened in a flash! I know that everyone tells you that it goes fast but no one can really express HOW fast it goes! the days are long and the years are so very fast!

I KNOW, I know,  we NEED to do laundry, cook meals, shop for food, clean the house...I know!!! Im still in the thick of it and I don't have all the answers BUT when your kids are little, in your home you DO NOT need to sit on boards, volunteer to head MOPS, play golf, read bunches of novels, or whatever...there will be plenty of time for that when they get in their own car and ride off....

If you have little ones I know that its overwhelming and exhausting and boring at times and you need to get away, it makes us better moms, Im not saying to never do anything for yourself.....im just saying do it for a little break to refresh your spirit, not because someone guilted you into being the chair of the next fund raiser....you can do that later, I promise!

Feed into their souls now, while they still think that you hung the moon. read to them now while they love to snuggle and hear your voice, take long walks and bike rides now while they have more energy then they know what to do with.
Please know that if you a young mom with lots of little ones tugging at you, it will get better, it is HARD and  I would not go back to toddlerhood for anything...I feel for you, that's why I share my amazing 16 and 14  year olds with so many young moms:-)

Im just sayin....its going to go fast, enjoy every moment you can snatch...

No comments:

Post a Comment