Thursday, May 24, 2012

planting seeds of grace and love in my childrens hearts and my own


What kind of seeds am I planting in my heart and the hearts of my children? To often I know the seeds I plant are those of frustration, impatience, selfishness and self pity.

Heb. 12:14-17
"Work at getting along with each other and with God. Otherwise you'll never get so much as a glimpse of God."

Some days I forget to work at getting along with my kids, I want them to obey,work hard on their homework, do the dishes, take care of the dog.....you get the picture. If I have to do some yelling to get that done so be it...right?

"Make sure no one gets left out of God's generosity. Keep a sharp eye out for weeds of bitter discontent. A thistle or two gone to seed can ruin a whole garden in no time."

Im afraid that to often my words are the product of the thistles of self rightousness and pride, of frustration and anger, of a discouraged spirit...some days I feel to tired to weed my heart and the thistles start to take over.

"Watch out for the Esau syndrome: trading away God's lifelong gift in order to satisfy a short-term appetite. You well know how Esau later regretted that impulsive act and wanted God's blessing—but by then it was too late, tears or no tears."
Heb. 12:14-17

When I respond with anger, what am i teaching my kids???  to respond in anger.....If I play the" poor me" card I am teaching them self pity, when I am discouraged and just give up and let them act in ways that are not pleasing to God I am teaching them they are just not worth the effort.....

Our hearts are just like my garden, if I let the weeds go for even a little while they will take over, I plant good seed, water, make sure they get enough sun, fertalize... and then only with Gods Grace...does good fruit grow . I CAN NOT MAKE THE SEED GROW!
I have seen so many moms blame themselves for the fact that their children are making bad choices, But in the end WE HAVE NO CONTROL OF THEM!
All we can do is go to GOD every day with our children and with our hearts and ask HIM to guide and direct our paths.
 In the end I need to remember that MY heart needs to be directed to my FATHER. I need to plant good seed in MY life before I can plant it in theirs.

No comments:

Post a Comment