Thursday, May 17, 2012

A cheerful, encouraging example.....

I hear myself in my child today....yelling at the dog in frustration, not using consistent discipline....getting angry at the behavior instead of working at getting rid of  it.....

How often do I discourage instead of come along side and help when a job is not done well?
how often do I accuse laziness instead of look to see what I could do to help?
How often do I yell and play the marter...instead of lovingly encouraging better behavior staying consistent in my training?
 How often do I do a task for them and get all mad because I am doing it and they are not?
"why am I the only one who knows how to put a dish in the dishwasher, am I your slave or what????"


TO OFTEN
No I am not their slave...but I am their servant, and they are servants in training, am I being a good teacher?


I long to be a compelling example to my kids, I long to serve them with a cheerful spirit and to train them with encouragement and appreciation, to be a kind and helpful teacher!

I can only do this with HIS power, with HIM filling me up each day....

 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.   Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.
rom. 12:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment