Wednesday, May 2, 2012

anger...our right as a mom?????


I posted the cute video first because the rest of what I have to say is a little hard to hear :-)

He WILL make BEAUTIFUL things out of us and our  children....if we let HIM!

I was convicted this morning by that my "righteous anger" is still anger (and that its really not all that righteous), most of the time I get angry it is because of my comfort, control, pride or self-centeredness!!  So what if i roll my eyes, or huff and puff, or answer in a short impatient tone, I want what is best for my kids so its alright...right????  WRONG!
Do I LOVE my kids...like the verb love....lets see

am I always patient and kind? do I ever envy or boast? am I ever arrogant or rude? do i ever insist on my own way? am i ever irritable or resentful?

 hmmmm, guess I need a lot more work on this!
Now before you go running to your bed and pulling the covers over you head :-) lets remember one thing, we are not called to do this in OUR strength but in HIS. the problem comes when we start doing it on our own, thinking we know best and convincing ourselves that a little outburst here and there is to be expected....

we are human, we will make mistakes BUT we should never excuse those mistakes, we need to REPENT of them, ask God to change us, except HIS grace and go on....

as Paul said in Ephesians

"I urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the  calling to which you have been called, with all Humility and gentleness, with patience bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the spirit in the bond of peace."

or

 I challenge you mom to walk a manner worthy of your calling, to be humble and gentle and patient with your children, bearing with them in love and making every effort to live in peace with them and let them know that you are on their team.

thank you Susan Kemmerer for challenging me in this area!
for more of this wonderful insite see her book
Homeschool supermom..NOT

No comments:

Post a Comment