Thursday, May 3, 2012

mirror mirror on the wall.....


Such is the confidence that we have through Christ toward God. 5 Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God, 6 who has made us sufficient to be ministers of a new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit. For the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.
2cor. 3:4-6

mirror mirror on the wall....well OK, not on the wall, in my kids.

I was driving with my daughter the other day and she told off every driver who went slower then she thought they should go.....I heard "stupid" come our of her mouth more times then I care to count.....then, with her sweet little Innocent face she turns to me and says...."I drive just like you mom" and she was right!  ouch!!!

For some unknown reason our kids pick up on our bad habits WAY easier then our good ones, I mean really, I put away my close and make my bed ever day....and they have not caught THAT habit yet, it is quite unfair!

first things first, if I do not let God control MY heart I will NEVER be able to show my kids how to let Him control theirs. I am never going to do this perfectly and, may I be so bold, neither will you. this is where Grace comes in. As we except Gods grace in our own life, start opening our eyes to our own sin, repenting of it, and seeing HIM change OUR hearts we will be more able to show that kind of grace to our kids.

today my challenge is to confess to my kids when MY heart is not right. When I  find myself getting irritable, confess it and ask them to pray for me, I want to show them mommy needs the Holy Spirit to work in her life.

care to join me?

remember! we can't do this on our own, It will take a mighty work of the Holy Spirit to get MY heart and tongue under control! I must remember that I am the most real gospel my kids will ever experience, If I am harsh and judgmental  or "holier then thou" that is how they will view God.

No comments:

Post a Comment